Saturday, November 14, 2009

Aquí, Viernes.

I laid in bed til nearly 1 p.m.
Donned red plaid dress, red hoop earrings, red lipstick.
All are talismans.
Lunch with the lovely Alexis McKinnis at Bryant Lake Bowl(despite numerous email conversations of some intensity, not once had we enjoyed one another's company one on one). She had a breakfast sandwich, I the cream of asparagus...with peas...soup. The soup appears to have contained no actual asparagus. It may have been hiding, knowing already of my voracious affection for it.
A nervous belly (quelled somewhat by one glass of malbec with lunch) awaited phone call from Andy.
A trip to NE (that's northeast, not Nebraska).
He was, by comparison, perhaps an entire solar system calmer.
Love expressed. Panic expressed. Confusion expressed.
No resolutions, but I didn't come for those; I came to understand, to feel safer, to be able to put myself in a position to set my needs aside and allow him the space he needs to put his head together.
Sex was had and it was physically satisfying, emotionally confusing. I would like to not do that again while things are as they stand. But I do feel it had to happen as it did.
It was raining when I left his place.
Rented Doubt at Blockbuster. The cashier, a handsome fellow named Jason according to his nametag, shared a cute moment with me over a strange-acting child which was communicated almost entirely non-verbally. My favourite sort of casual interaction, most especially when it involves a heart-squeezing sort of smile like the kind Jason and I exchanged. These things make me remember that I am wholly married to the joy of living.
Jason provided me with some sort of promotional coupon that will get me half off a new release in the coming week. Win.
Made a pesto cheddar duck confit grilled sandwich thing, as well as a cup of tea. All was delicious.
Doubt was less stirring than I'd expected, but acting by Meryl, Amy Adams, Velma Davis and PSH were unerringly top notch. I marvel, sometimes, when viewing such things, at how in command an actor can be, doling out facial expressions that with the slightest tic convey much more than can possibly be expressed verbally. This was one of those films, throughout.
Ate some pot roast my housemate, Russ, prepared. He used Mountain Crest as a "moistener". It was, despite being soaked in beer that costs $9 a 24-pack, quite delicious.
Downloaded albums by Dirty Projectors and Mount Eerie. I am immediately fond of both upon first listen, and I was about to say that the former will likely root itself more firmly in my oft-played discs, but that seems like a lie. Mount Eerie has qualities of Bon Iver. Dirty Projectors makes me feel that can't-wipe-smile-off-my-face feeling that comes from the first day of spring, or new love. Except without the actual smiling, if that makes sense. There is too much going on to simply smile; it must be paid attention to.
Made some art, or rather, began a piece while listening to Dirty Projectors, for now involving a window pane, tea from tea bags I saved for a year, and my best friend, Mod Podge. Piece will later involve polyurethane and fox fur.
Lamented having not seen Dirty Projectors this past Wednesday, which might have been surprisingly easy, given it may have been possible to be guest listed through a small series of connections. Further night time marveling at the random coterie of art rock and Pitchfork darlings I seem to be finding myself associating with these days.
Plans to read a bit of The God Delusion before retiring put on hold by blogging.
But I'll do that now.

All in all, a productive, beneficial, positive day. Let's hope the forward motion does not sway.

I feel poetry coming.

Oh god, I didn't even realise when I typed that sentence that the previous two rhymed.

I'm ridiculous.



No comments: