Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Killing Two Birds With One Blog

The goal of late has been to write one blog a week, and make one piece of art per month. Well, I've made two pieces of art this past week, and this blog is three days late. Ah well. I am very happy with both, which is a giant milestone since there has not been a whit of creative energy in me for the past six months, maybe more. Worse, these are pieces fulfilling obligations to lovely, patient people; i.e. they were paid for last...JANUARY.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like these pieces.
that's a dope rhino.

- m. vomit

Igneous, Wanton & Veritas said...

Thanks, hon. I think it's a pretty dope rhino, too. It has sparkles.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with that first piece. I'd like to buy something once I'm gainfully employed again. I know artists hate to hear that shit..."Oh I'd love to buy something...sometime, dear." But I would. Then you can use that money to buy a ticket to New Orleans.

Erin said...

lovely!

Igneous, Wanton & Veritas said...

Oh, would that I knew who left the comment before Erin...

Anonymous said...

You just have to click the link...I didn't mean to leave it without my name. Now you probably think it was someone way cooler.
xo-Lindsay

Igneous, Wanton & Veritas said...

No, I thought it might be you, I didn't, however, think to click the link.

And my pieces come at the low, low cost of $20 for something like these two examples. No promise on how many months it takes me to make, it, however. My friend Dan is waiting on a painting he paid for in 2007. I think he's forgotten about that, though. Doesn't mean I have.